Wild and Crazy adventures in the Art Room!

Welcome to my little slice of crazy!! I teach elementary art and also Pre-K! I hope that by sharing my ideas it would encourage you on your journey!

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Veterans Day Art

      I know it's a little past Veterans Day but the projects turned out so great I have to share them with you!!!!  This year was another elementary school wide collaboration!  Each grade participated to pull off a spectacular project that says, thank you to all our Veterans!!  We first started of with the book, Sweet Land of Liberty:
This is such a great little book that celebrates our nation and all those who fought for our freedoms!!  Each year we take time to talk about how special our Veterans are and the students love to share the Veterans that are special to each of them.  We talk about how the art projects that we will make for our Veterans assembly is our way of saying thank you and of showing those amazing men and women just how special they are to us!!
    So this year our projects were inspired by my favorite children's artist, Eric Carle!  Art projects using similar methods to that of Eric Carle always turn out beautiful! 
We made a giant flag with 50 stars, we made a field of poppies with grass and sky! 
The older kids made abstract poppies and flags that were inspired by the artist Jasper Johns. 
The projects turned out better than I ever could have imagined and we had the most wonderful assembly celebrating our Veterans!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the men and women who have fought to keep up safe!!! 

Hope you enjoy!!!
Blessings,
Candi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home